Bluetooth beacons have become a phenomanen when it comes to location tracking, direct marketing, environment monitoring and data logging. This ultimate beginners guide to Bluetooth beacons is designed for people new to Bluetooth beacon technology, or have heard of it but don’t fully understand it. We have kept this guide to be as succinct and short as possible to bring you rapidly up from beacon newbie to a basic understanding.
Numerous improvements and updates for the Pebble Bluetooth Low Energy Environment Monitor including a sensor module change to the Bosch Sensortec BME280. Tempo is a powerful Bluetooth beacon sensor and data logger with a range of features that makes it one of the most powerful environment monitors available on the market today. Features now include:
- Up to 5 years battery life
- Logs temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and dew point
- Temperature accuracy +/- 0.5º Celsius, humidity +/-3% Relative Humidity and barometric pressure of +/-0.12 Relative hPA
- Data storage of 24,000 data points
- Compatible with the Tempo Utility App for iOS and Android
- API and SDKs available
Check out the latest Pebble Environment Monitor here.
Blue Maestro Support
This explains how to read bytes in a Bluetooth advertisement packet such as you would find with a Blue Maestro beacon product. All of Blue Maestro’s beacons come with an API document which sets out the beacon (referred to as an advertisement) data structure, and this post explains how you can easily interpret this.
- Tempo Utility Android App Update – Ver 3.12 now available
- Blue Maestro Meets Rt Honourable Dr Liam Fox MP Secretary of State for International Trade
- Blue Maestro participates in Things Connected Innovation Programme
- What Will The Future of Healthcare Look Like?
- New Product: Bluetooth Low Energy Movement and Shock Sensor Beacon and Logger